|Making a dent in our list of summer fun (notice how the mundane things are left undone...better get to work!)|
- Chris and I are both slightly obsessed with The Head and the Heart. And they're coming back to Portland in October! If anyone wants to go with us, let me know.
- Speaking of music, this video is pretty hilarious. I just love punctuation bands!
- While looking back through photos for an anniversary project (8 years next week!) I came across this one that makes me chuckle because a) I do not nor have I ever played the guitar b) Chris plays guitar but not the drums c) This was taken in our first apartment which was a little sketchy, but I love remembering how I tried to spruce it up with candles and flowers d) I have no idea who took this photo or why we were jamming together on the couch. But I love that I have this photo all the same!
- My pile of books from the library is starting to resemble the leaning tower of Pisa. Must read more! Summer favorites so far are Cutting for Stone and Same Kind of Different as Me. Chris is slogging his way through Infinite Jest. Next up on my list are The Wilder Life, the Paris Wife, Jane Eyre, and Sarah's Key (along with the rest of the pile which, lets face it, will probably return to the library unread).
- I am slowly working my way through this sampler by Alicia Paulson. I love the stillness it brings to busy summer days and the kids are enjoying the process, too.
So that's my list of summer randomness. How's your summer shaping up? I'd love to hear about your adventures and what you've been reading and/or listening to, and whether or not you had a punctuation band in high school. Do share!