Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The colors of Fall

I realize that the last few posts have been about Fall, but I can't help it. I LOVE FALL! I love the colors, and the smells, and the crispness of the air after it rains. I love the clouds and the gray days that give me permission to cuddle up with a cup of tea and a good book or a knitting project. I love the baking that comes with fall: pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones, gingerbread cake and cookies, cookies of any kind :) I think I gained 10 lbs the first fall I was here because somehow gloomy weather triggers my internal baking barometer.

On my way to pick Chris up from work on Friday I noticed a gorgeous lane of golden-leafed trees lining the street with a carpet of foliage underfoot.
What a perfect backdrop for some fall pictures! I enthusiastically described my plan to Chris. To my surprise he responded with "I was thinking the exact same thing!" So we set out on Saturday afternoon to capture the kids in the fall splendor. My plan was not quite perfect, however, as the rain and quickly waning light made it difficult to capture the perfect picture.

I really like how they came out, anyway, blur and all. The kids had so much fun running and kicking their way through the leaves, even in the cold drizzle. We finished up with a trip to Coldstone (okay, I still use bribes to get pictures!). We hope you, too, are enjoying the magic of fall!



5 comments:

Melissa B said...

These photos are so cute!!!!

Katers said...

oh my goodness!!!!!!!! your kiddos are the cutest ever:). i miss you guys.

Bonnie Janelle said...

These pictures are amazing! Have you ever thought to submit them to a magazine? So jealous of your REAL fall weather! Miss you too...thanks for the beautiful pictures and enjoy the rest of your fall!

meg said...

Great pictures Jess! where is that at or is your amazing location a secret? Your girls are so cute!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! And no, Michelle, it's not a secret :) The row of trees is on Evergreen, between the Kaiser office and Cornelius Pass. It's right on the street, so I'd bring a buddy to help wrangle the kids. I can just see little man C making Star Wars poses and kicking up leaves!